[Dovecot] problem with charset and encoding

Héctor Moreno Blanco hmoreno at gmv.com
Fri Mar 15 12:37:21 EET 2013

Hello everyone,

Could anyone help me with this issue?

Thank you very much.
Kind regards.

Héctor Moreno Blanco.

-----Mensaje original-----
De: dovecot-bounces at dovecot.org [mailto:dovecot-bounces at dovecot.org] En nombre de Héctor Moreno Blanco
Enviado el: jueves, 07 de marzo de 2013 11:27
Para: dovecot at dovecot.org
Asunto: Re: [Dovecot] problem with charset and encoding

Hello Steffen,

The mail storage is the same, Maildir.

The messages do not look weird, only the special characters.

When you're saying to remove old cache files, do you mean dovecot index files in the Maildir directory (dovecot* files)?

I haven't done anything but deleting those files, which were re-created when starting new session in dovecot.

I have tried creating a mailbox with that information and the view was correct in TB, OL and Webmail. So the problem might be in that mailbox.

Do I have to do something else to "repair" this mailbox?

Thank you very much,
Kind regards.

Héctor Moreno Blanco