[Dovecot] Question regarding Postfix and Dovecot

Daniel Reinhardt cryptodan at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 12:20:05 EET 2013

I really find the lack of error logging, and the virtual lack of
documentation for Dovecot very disturbing.  I am so close to dropping this
side project of being able to support multiple domains on a mail server.
 It is in my utmost respectful opinion to have multiple files to edit just
to get this working in basic mode.  Why cant dovecot combine all
configuration parameters into one config like that of postfix main.cf for
server config, and the master.cf for sockets and listeners?

If there are multiple files to be edited then the error logging should
mention what file contains the log, and where so you can easily locate the
issue.  I find this software to be very lack luster and very difficult to
use.

Dovecot has given me nothing but headache and grief, and as far as I am
concerned not a finished product.

--
Daniel Reinhardt
cryptodan at cryptodan.net