[Dovecot] Question regarding Postfix and Dovecot

Stan Hoeppner stan at hardwarefreak.com
Mon Mar 18 14:42:25 EET 2013

On 3/17/2013 5:10 PM, David Benfell wrote:

> More words to treasure. (Not that Timo envisions himself any kind of
> Fuehrer.) This reaches to a certain deification of certain individuals
> and organizations in the community--whether they themselves would be
> deified or not; I know examples of both--that really ought to be
> looked at more critically.

To be crystal clear, since some people tend to take things out of
context, I am in no way likening Timo to Adolf Hitler for Pete's sake.
Anyone who could perceive such has personal issues to work out.  This
was quickest analogy I could come up with to describe the situation, as
it seemed anyone criticizing "the party" or it's "leader" was being
treated as "the enemy", which is indeed what the Nazi party did to
dissenters.  It ties in well with my "sword and shield" comment, and the
"militarization" of some users in response to a perceived "attack" in
this thread.

It's actually quite silly how this thread devolved so quickly simply
because two users expressed frustration with the software and
documentation.  I'd expect something like this on a political forum, but
not a technical mailing list.

--
Stan