[Dovecot] Stability of extraction of attachment

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Mar 20 18:54:48 EET 2013

On 4.3.2013, at 12.36, Angel L. Mateo <amateo at um.es> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> 	We are migrating our dovecot servers from 2.1.9 to 2.1.15 (or 2.2 if there is a stable version soon) and maildir format to mdbox.
>
> 	Looking for mdbox options I have found options:
>
> * mail_attachment_dir
> * mail_attachement_min_size
> * mail_attachment_fs
> * mail_attachment_hash
>
> 	but this options are described with the message:
>
> # WARNING: This feature hasn't been tested much yet. Use at your own risk.
>
> 	What is the state of these options? Could I use it in a production environment?

I just forgot to remove that warning. Removed now in v2.2 (not in v2.1, because people complain if I do unnecessary changes to example-config).

> In case of yes, what is the best deduplicating option? Let it to the FS? Or configuring with "sis posix" or "sis-queue posix"?

If FS supports it then let it do it. If it doesn't, sis is easier than sis-queue since it doesn't need a cronjob. Also I'm not sure if sis-queue makes the performance better or not (the idea being that it delays the slowness until night when it's more quiet).