[Dovecot] v2.2 dsync

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Mar 20 19:51:35 EET 2013

On 14.3.2013, at 12.05, Walter Steiner <ws+dovecot at iai.uni-bonn.de> wrote:

> [...]

If it crashes there, is_send_queue_full must be NULL or some other invalid pointer, but..

>> is_send_queue_full = 0x45c855 <dsync_ibc_pipe_is_send_queue_full>,

It's not. So gdb is probably showing wrong place for the crash (the alternative would be some kind of a compiler bug).

> is there a chance that the crash I have reported two weeks ago can be
> fixed?  Or any thoughts about what triggers it / what I better try to
> avoid / I do wrong?  Any help is appreciated!

Try compiling Dovecot without any optimization flags (e.g.: CFLAGS=-g ./configure)

Or if you're using Sun CC, try with GCC.

With those hopefully you'll get a crash in a different location that can be fixed?

(Anyway, dsync v2.2 + imapc is something I haven't tested much yet. But I think it should work at least in theory..)