[Dovecot] Altmove doesn't working after a dsync.

Breno Moreira brenoavm at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 21:58:26 EET 2013

Hi guys,

I'm having a problem with the altmove command after a mailbox migration
using dsync.

What I'm trying to do is move some users from a datacenter to another and,
for that, I'm using the dsync feature. First thing I do is run the dsync
mirror command, and this is working properly, but all mails are moved to
the main path, ignoring the ALT statement in the mail location.

So, what I tried to do was run the doveadm altmove to move the old mails to
the new alternate storage, but it simply doesn't work or sometimes moves
only few messages.

After the user receives new messages, these new files are correctly moved.

It can be problem with my search parameter in the altmove command? Or this
is a normal result?

Best Regards,
Breno Moreira