[Dovecot] Dovecot service not responding after about a week of uptime

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Mar 24 22:31:35 EET 2013

On 24.3.2013, at 22.09, Matthieu <dovecot at pupat-ghestem.net> wrote:

> On 03/24/2013 09:04 PM, Timo Sirainen wrote:

>>> The output of this command is empty.
>> Every time you stop Dovecot it logs a warning. You said you started (=restarted?) dovecot, so I'd think you would see at least those.
>>
> Oh yes sorry. I filtered by time as well. Those are the warnings from the last restart:

Well .. If Dovecot has a problem it should have logged about it. I'm not aware of any way to cause it to hang otherwise. doveconf -n output could be helpful, it might have something to do with your auth settings.

Also it would help to know what happens when you connect to the IMAP port from localhost when it's hanging, and try to log in. Does it reply with the banner? Or does it hang only after using the login command? http://wiki2.dovecot.org/TestInstallation