[Dovecot] Dovecot 2.2 & LEMONADE extensions

Tue Mar 26 16:40:05 EET 2013

On 2013-03-26 9:39 AM, Jan Phillip Greimann <jg at softjury.de> wrote:
> I read an article about dovecot 2.2, which includes the LEMONADE
> extensions, and was fascinated about the feature "Forward without
> download". We have a small internet-uplink in our office and our CEO
> loves to receive mails with large attachments, he also reply/forward
> it, so every time the full attachments get downloaded and uploaded
> again. Now the question is: Is LEMONADE supported by
> desktop-mailclients like thunderbird or just mobile Clients? (Google
> said nothing to this, maybe searched the wrong words)

It depends on whether you are using POP or IMAP.

If he/you all are using POP, then this won't help you.

But if you are accessing your email via IMAP, then it will depend on the
client. I honestly don't know what, if any, clients support it and/or to
what extent, but I don't think Thunderbird supports it...

One thing that Timo has talked about is the possibility of something
like a submission service, so that at least, when sending messages,
assuming that you 'save a copy of all sent mail to the Sent folder', it
doesn't have to upload it twice (once for sending, then again for
copying to the Sent folder), but I have no idea if that feature could
also be leveraged to provide the functionality you are wanting WITHOUT
client-side support.