[Dovecot] 2.1: Error: Maildir filename has wrong S value, renamed the file from

Peer Heinlein p.heinlein at heinlein-support.de
Wed Mar 27 18:51:31 EET 2013

Am 25.03.2013 15:27, schrieb Robert Schetterer:

> please reread the list archive ,solutions where massive posted
> and a new repair script was created

We did that before, for sure.

But there are NO working solutions for that and the problem still exists
and ist a massive problem, because a simple version upgrade doesn't work
and leads to a DOS of the infected systems.

The repair script hasn't worked at all with our kind of Maildir-Filenames.

If others run into the same problem:

We used this simple piece of code (which is much easier to read and adapt):

for FILE in * ; do
        OLDNAME=$FILE
        SIZE=`zcat $FILE | wc -c`
        NEWNAME=`echo $FILE | sed "s/\(.*\)S=.*:\(.*\)/\1S=$SIZE:\2/g"`

        if [ ! $OLDNAME = $NEWNAME ] ; then
                echo mv "$OLDNAME"    "$NEWNAME"
        fi
done

Peer

--
Heinlein Support GmbH
Schwedter Str. 8/9b, 10119 Berlin

http://www.heinlein-support.de

Tel: 030 / 405051-42
Fax: 030 / 405051-19

Zwangsangaben lt. §35a GmbHG: HRB 93818 B / Amtsgericht
Berlin-Charlottenburg,