[Dovecot] Mail deduplication

Tim Groeneveld tim at timgws.com.au
Tue May 7 03:19:41 EEST 2013

----- Original Message -----
> On 2013-04-30 8:00 PM, Tim Groeneveld <tim at timgws.com.au> wrote:
> > After thinking about it a little bit more, I have determined
> > that just recombining the messages to send them to the client
> > will be too intensive, and will cause extra latencies when
> > retrieving emails.
>
> Scratching my head trying to figure out what you mean here... ?
>
> What do you mean by 'recombining the messages'?

I was thinking of splitting all of the mime parts and recombining
them later when the message was requested.

All of the parts would be hashed and stored separate to the
message. This would mean things like image signatures and the
like would only be stored once.

>From what I understand, SIS does not do this. (that being said,
I have not looked too deeply into SIS at the moment, as I am
currently working on the elasticsearch FTS plugin)

Regards,
   Tim