[Dovecot] Keyword limit?

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at curecanti.org
Tue May 7 04:30:15 EEST 2013

Quoting Ben Morrow <ben at morrow.me.uk>:

> At  4PM -0600 on  6/05/13 you (Michael M Slusarz) wrote:
>> Running into a weird issue in a mailbox that has 26+ keywords.
>
> You are using Maildir, yes? Maildir stores keywords in the flags field
> of the message filename, using lowercase letters, so there is a limit of
> 26 per folder. See http://wiki2.dovecot.org/MailboxFormat/Maildir .

Ben,

Thanks for the pointer (looks like I was foolishly doing a 'keyword'
Title search on the wiki and never did a 'keyword' Text search).

However, I still think there is a bug. That page states:

"This means that only 26 keywords are possible to store in the
maildir. If more are used, they're still stored in Dovecot's index
files."

This is not happening for me though.  Instead all keywords above 26
are lost immediately after applying them.

michael