[Dovecot] ot: mirroring/archiving to a Mac?

Axel Luttgens AxelLuttgens at swing.be
Wed May 8 10:22:14 EEST 2013

Le 8 mai 2013 à 02:44, voytek at sbt.net.au a écrit :

> On Wed, May 8, 2013 10:34 am, Reindl Harald wrote:
>
>> yes
>> http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/Darwin/Reference/Man
>> Pages/man1/dovecot.1.html
>>

>> and for the archive itself imapsync and cron is his friend
>
> Reindl,
>
> thanks, so, dovecot should be there already, I'd just need to config it,
> and, I could run imapsync on the real server to 'push' sync process to the
> Mac;

Hello,

Note that Dovecot comes with the Server version of the OS only.
Cost shouldn't be a problem -the Server package is terribly affordable- but, for the purpose you are considering, installing it on a client machine may be somewhat overkill, or even problematic (after all, a server isn't supposed to be run as a general purpose GUI machine...).
On the other hand, Dovecot compiles easily and without a glitch on Mac OS X.

HTH,
Axel