[Dovecot] change inbox dotlock name

Chris Saldanha dovecot at cfs.parliant.com
Wed May 8 15:42:33 EEST 2013

Hi,

Is there a configuration element that would allow me to change the
dot-lock name for the user's /var/mail inbox when it is locked?  dovecot
(correctly) acquires <username>.lock, but I'm having a problem with
procmail where some obscure code path is preventing procmail's
acquisition of a lock when it's that default name in /var/mail.

The issue is not permissions (using a world-writeable and sticky-bit
config for /var/mail).

I'll dig into the procmail code if needed, but if dovecot could use a
different filename for such locks, then that would solve my issue.
procmail has such an option, and I only need to do this for inboxes.

Thanks,
Chris

--
Chris Saldanha