[Dovecot] Released Pigeonhole v0.4.0 for Dovecot v2.2.1.

Patrick Ben Koetter p at sys4.de
Fri May 10 16:02:42 EEST 2013

* Stephan Bosch <stephan at rename-it.nl>:
> On 5/10/2013 2:20 PM, Patrick Ben Koetter wrote:
> >* Stephan Bosch <stephan at rename-it.nl>:
> >>What is XFORWARD good for? It looks very similar, but focused on
> >>dealing with mail filter intermediaries. I don't think this applies
> >>here.
> >It forwards the META data for logging purposes and is useful to create
> >consistent logging.
>
> I understood as much from:
>
> http://www.postfix.org/XFORWARD_README.html
>
> But I don't quite understand how this is different from XCLIENT,
> apart from the SOURCE and IDENT items perhaps.

XCLIENT impersonates a client and the SMTP server will act as if the XCLIENT
was the real client, e.g. it will apply ACLs and other policies to the XCLIENT
personality.

XFORWARD will not alter the SMTP server behaviour. The client and message data
from XFORWARD will only be used for logging purposes.

p at rick

--
[*] sys4 AG

http://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64