[Dovecot] Looking for a good way to manage passwords for CRAM-MD5

Professa Dementia professa at dementianati.com
Sun May 12 16:49:54 EEST 2013

On 5/12/2013 6:18 AM, Gedalya wrote:
> On 05/12/2013 08:40 AM, Professa Dementia wrote:
>> Avoid using a self signed certificate.  Get a properly signed
>> certificate for your server.  CheapSSLS.com has them for less than $10.
> Look also at https://www.startssl.com/

StartSSL is good - and free.  I have used them in the past.

The reason I did not list them was that I find their interface a bit
clunky and odd to navigate.  Also, in order to get a free cert, it has
to be for non-commercial use.  They tend to turn down certs for hosts
that do not begin with www and you have no recourse to convince them
that your mailhost.xyz.com cert is for personal use.

But, give them a try first.  For free, there is nothing to lose.

Dem