[Dovecot] ot: mirroring/archiving to a Mac?

Daniel Parthey daniel.parthey at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Tue May 14 01:40:48 EEST 2013

Hi there,

Ben Morrow wrote:
> At  2AM +0200 on  8/05/13 you (Reindl Harald) wrote:
> > Am 08.05.2013 02:30, schrieb voytek at sbt.net.au:
> > > can I set a mail server on my home Mac server, and, 'mirror' the real mail
> > > server mailboxes so than I can have an offline mail archive for ever?
> >
> > and for the archive itself imapsync and cron is his friend
>
> Is it possible to use dsync for this? You would need a way to say 'don't
> delete mails from the destination', and I don't know if it will do
> that...

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Tools/Dsync

There are two operation modes for dsync:

dsync mirror - does a two-way synchronization between two mail locations

dsync backup - backup mails from default mail location to location2 (or vice versa, if -R parameter is given)
               No changes are ever done to the source location. Any changes done in destination are discarded.

The advantage of dsync over imapsync is that UUIDs of mails
can be preserved if Dovecot is running on target side.
Imapsync cannot access Dovecot internals, it is just an IMAP client.

Regards
Daniel
--
https://plus.google.com/103021802792276734820