[Dovecot] Quota not working with dict proxy

Daniel Parthey daniel.parthey at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Tue May 14 01:55:17 EEST 2013

Chris Richards wrote:
> Attempting to recalc quota on one account using command:
> "doveadm -f tab quota recalc -u user at domain"
> returns with nothing, and when I repeat 'quota get' command, it says:
> doveadm(user at domain): Fatal: User doesn't exist
>
> Indeed, looking in the database shows the account in question was actually
> DELETED!
>
> Obviously, I've got something messed here, but I don't know what.
>
> dovecot-dict-sql.conf.ext:
>
> connect = host=localhost dbname=maildb user=dbuser password=dbpass
>
> map {
>   pattern = priv/quota/storage
>   table = email
>   username_field = address
>   value_field = quota_bytes
> }
> map {
>   pattern = priv/quota/messages
>   table = email
>   username_field = address
>   value_field = quota_messages
> }

Are you using the same SQL table "email" for user lookup
and quota/storage accounting?

Try to use two different tables for user and quota database, because the quota
accounting might have deleted an entry from the "user" table while it only
tried to delete a row from the "quota" table.

Regards
Daniel
--
https://plus.google.com/103021802792276734820