[Dovecot] Autocreation the home folder

Angel L. Mateo amateo at um.es
Tue May 14 08:45:40 EEST 2013

El 13/05/13 17:50, Steffen Kaiser escribió:

> On Mon, 13 May 2013, Joan wrote:
>
>> Hi Steffen, that was an error I hadn't spotted (copypasting error). Still
>> after changing mail_home to the proper value (/home/vmail/%d/%n/home) the
>> errors in the logs are the same
>
>>> Am I supposed to create the folders via an external script? Or is
>>> there any option to make this automatic.
>
> As far as I know, the home directory is not created automatically. You
> will need to use an external script.

	I have this config:

mail_home = /mail/users/mailboxes/%2Ln/%Ln
mail_location = mdbox:%h/mdbox:INDEX=/mail/indexes/%2Ln/%Ln

	In my config, mail_home is also auto created (I have dovecot 2.1.16)

	Do you have any error? Has dovecot user permissions to create
direcotories/files under your /var/mail?

--
Angel L. Mateo Martínez
Sección de Telemática