[Dovecot] Xlist in userdb, Foldernames with whitespace?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed May 15 16:23:25 EEST 2013

On 13.5.2013, at 10.06, Hajo Locke <hajo.locke at gmx.de> wrote:

>> My problem is to allow Foldernames with whitespace in it f.e. Sent Messages
>> I tried to put these names in quotes in this line or mask the blank with backslash but nothing was working.
>> Dovecot ist not accepting these settings:
>
> In your example here you created two mailboxes by commandlineparams: http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2013-March/089373.html
> 'namespace/inbox/mailbox=foo bar'
>
> After putting this to userdb i tried a lot of masking, quoting etc, but dovecot is always splitting up at the blank space, and a foldername with blank space like "Sent Mails" seems to be impossible in userdb.
> How to achieve this?
> This would be nice for other features separate from the xlist feature, autocreation of individual folders can be used for different purposes.

I think you don't need to use the actual mailbox name as the "id". So the above URL's command modified:

/usr/local/libexec/dovecot/imap -o 'namespace/inbox/mailbox=foo bar' -o
namespace/inbox/mailbox/foo/name="foo with spaces" -o
namespace/inbox/mailbox/bar/name="bar with spaces" -o
namespace/inbox/mailbox/foo/auto=create -o
namespace/inbox/mailbox/bar/auto=create -o
namespace/inbox/mailbox/foo/special_use=\\sent -o
namespace/inbox/mailbox/bar/special_use=\\drafts