[Dovecot] dovecot 2.2.0 corrupts mailboxes?

Emmanuel Dreyfus manu at netbsd.org
Thu May 16 04:01:27 EEST 2013

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 09:36:54PM +0300, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> > - one of the users was using mutt locally and  accessed its mailbox directly
> > without going through dovecot.
> That shouldn't cause problems if locking was configured the same.

I never looked at it, but I assume they both use flock or fcntl since
this is local storage. And it worked fine for a while, therefore there
is no hint it could be wrong.

> > - I experimented dsync replication from another machine that was not
> > accessible through POP/IMAP/SMTP, perhaps this is what caused chaos?
> That might cause trouble. I tested today and dsync was doing some strange
> things with mbox.

What is the advised setup? Here is the additionnal config I tried on
the inacessible host:

  mail_plugins = $mail_plugins notify replication
  service replicator {
    process_min_avail = 1
  }
  dsync_remote_cmd = ssh -lroot %{host} doveadm dsync-server -u%u
  plugin {
    mail_replica = remote:root at server1.example.net
  }
  service aggregator {
    fifo_listener replication-notify-fifo {
      user = dovecot
    }
    unix_listener replication-notify {
      user = dovecot
    }
  }
  service replicator {
    unix_listener replicator-doveadm {
      mode = 0600
    }
  }
  service replicator {
    unix_listener replicator-doveadm {
      mode = 0600
    }
  }
  service doveadm {
    inet_listener {
      port = 12345
      ssl = yes
    }
  }
  doveadm_port = 12345
  ssl_client_ca_file = /etc/openssl/certs/tcs-chain.crt
  doveadm_proxy_port = 0

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu at netbsd.org