[Dovecot] Autocreation the home folder

Angel L. Mateo amateo at um.es
Fri May 17 09:15:38 EEST 2013

El 16/05/13 12:48, Joan escribió:
> The issue is more with legacy installs being upgraded than with new setups,
> on the later I might adjust the settings and start using the recoomended
> layout.
> On the alternative you suggest, if I understood properly, you are changing
> the setup to mdbox
> If there was a method to move automatically the mails (preferibly not
> moving to mdbox) to a subfolder, I could change to the recommended layout
> my current install.
> Otherwise it seems the only current solution is to:
> 1.- Stop dovecot
> 2.- Change to recommended layout the config
> 3.- Via a script move the content to the new location
> 4.- Start dovecot with the new layout..
>
> Am i right?

	I think you could this without needind dovecto to be stopped. If you
could rewrite mail_location and mail_home in user's database, you could do:

1. For every user:
1.1. Change user's mail_location and mail_home
1.2. Change a user to recommended layout
2. Change the config to recommended layout
3. Remove per user's mail_location and mail_home config

	(I'm not really sure about the right order for 1.1 and 1.2)

	Another (maybe easier) suggestion... Could you just make /var/vmail a
symlink to /home/vmail? This is no the ideal solution but it might works.

--
Angel L. Mateo Martínez
Sección de Telemática