[Dovecot] Ubuntu-12.04-LTS repos with Dovecot-2.2 and Pigeonhole

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Fri May 17 11:13:32 EEST 2013

Hi Eric and Robert,

Op 5/17/2013 8:23 AM, Eric Kom wrote:
> On 16/05/2013 19:30, listas at adminlinux.com.br wrote:
>> I would like to take advantage of new features in Dovecot 2.2 on my
>> servers. But I'm having difficulties to build packages for
>> Ubuntu-12.04-LTS.
> Try the above
>
> deb http://xi.rename-it.nl/debian/ testing-auto/dovecot-2.2 main
> deb-src http://xi.rename-it.nl/debian/ testing-auto/dovecot-2.2 main

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/PrebuiltBinaries:

"The builder scripts automatically release a new set of Debian packages
when they notice any changes in any of the v2.0,v2.1 or v2.2 repositories. "

and

"Needless to say: do *NOT* use these repositories for systems that need
to be *STABLE*."

Please keep that in mind if you point people to this repository. Also,
as you may have noticed, this repository is not particularly reliable in
terms of uptime.

It is not the first time Rename-IT gets actual phone calls (that
eventually get forwarded to me somehow) from some admin in dire need of
a quick bug fix, because he's using this repository for a production
server. I am not particularly fond of the awesome power to break a set
of production servers with one bad commit.

On 16/05/2013 19:30, listas at adminlinux.com.br wrote:
> Does anyone know a repository that has new *stable* versions for
> Dovecot and Pigeonhole ?

The Xi repository obviously does not provide what he needs.

Regards,

Stephan.