[Dovecot] How to configure ssl cert chain in dovecot 10-ssl.conf file

Bu Xiaobing bushurui at gmail.com
Sat May 18 12:06:09 EEST 2013

Hi there,

Does anyone know how to do this:

"Put all the certificates in the ssl_cert file. For example when using a certificate signed by TDC the correct order is:

    Dovecot's public certificate
    TDC SSL Server CA
    TDC Internet Root CA
    Globalsign Partners CA "

I try to set these parameters in the conf.d/10-ssl.conf as below, but it seems doesn't work.

---
ssl_cert = </etc/pki/dovecot/certs/mail.mymailserver.com.crt
ssl_cert = </etc/ssl/certs/dovecot/sub.class1.server.ca.pem
ssl_cert = </etc/ssl/certs/dovecot/ca.pem
----

I even cat mail.mymailserver.com.crt sub.class1.server.ca.pem certs/dovecot/ca.pem into one singe file, and define ssl_cert = < /path/to/the/singcertfile.pem, but it doesn't work too.

In my apache httpd server httpd.conf file  I can define:
--
SSLCertificateChainFile /etc/pki/dovecot/certs/sub.class1.server.ca.pem
SSLCACertificateFile /etc/pki/dovecot/certs/ca.pem

Thinks for any suggest.
Bu Xiaobing