[Dovecot] Sieve/pigeonhole with Exim and Dovecot LDA

Sebastian Arcus shop at open-t.co.uk
Tue May 21 00:13:33 EEST 2013

On 20/05/13 17:12, Gedalya wrote:
> On 05/20/2013 12:02 PM, Sebastian Arcus wrote:
>> Exim doesn't seem to have any variable expansion for the "From" field
>
> If using the From header actually makes sense to you... then see
> $h_<header name> at
> http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-string_expansions.html,
> you probably want to restrict the usage of this as much as possible.
> The envelope sender must be empty for bounces and auto-replies, pretty
> good article here: https://github.com/Exim/exim/wiki/EximAutoReply
> Later I'll read through your whole message again and maybe I'll come up
> with something more concrete and detailed..

Thanks for that. I've just tried using $header_from: in my exim
authenticator in client mode when talking to the provider's SMTP server
in smart relay mode (instead of $sender_address) - but for some strange
reason it just won't work. I've poured over the exim logs in debug mode
- and so far I can't make sense of what is happening. I'll try some more
to figure it out and get it working.