[Dovecot] Sieve/pigeonhole with Exim and Dovecot LDA

Gedalya gedalya at gedalya.net
Tue May 21 03:38:28 EEST 2013

On 05/20/2013 07:37 PM, Sebastian Arcus wrote:

> That's an interesting one. I've been running several sites  for a few
> years now with exim in smart relay - without connection_max_messages =
> 1 - and had no problems so far. Maybe it's because only few lan
> clients are involved - or I've been lucky so far :-)

The point is that the transport, and then in turn the authenticator are
meant to potentially process more than one message in a single
connection. What is the meaning of $sender_address or $header_*? The
sender of which message? The headers from which message?
If you do anything message-specific at this stage, you need to set this
so only one message is sent per connection, so that message-specific
variables can be meaningful.