[Dovecot] How the does "new" autocreate method works?

Attila Nagy bra at fsn.hu
Thu May 23 15:06:05 EEST 2013

On 05/23/13 14:01, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On 23.5.2013, at 14.26, Attila Nagy <bra at fsn.hu> wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to migrate from the deprecated autocreate plugin to the mailbox { auto }setting without success.
>> What do I forget, or misunderstand?
>>
>> I deliver mails via LMTP and log in on IMAP, neither of them create the folders other than the inbox itself.
> The new method is creating the folders lazily to disk. They will be visible in IMAP session, but they won't be actually created to disk until the folder is opened.
>
> Your config looks correct to me.

Exactly what I see, but I thought this was an error. Could you please
clarify this somewhere appropriate?
BTW, this is a problem for us, because we have a custom software
accessing the maildir, which won't see these until created.
Would it be possible to set the laziness of this process and provide the
possibility to create the folders on disk?

Thanks!