[Dovecot] NFS mount permissions

Daniel Parthey daniel.parthey at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Sun May 26 18:48:34 EEST 2013

Patrick Westenberg wrote:
> I would like to move my mails from ocfs2 to an NFS share.
> As the mountpoint and all folders and files belong to
> nobody/nogroup, dovecot is only able to access the mails if I give
> full access to "others". I don't like that.

We are using user vmail via NFSv4. Which NFS version are you migrating to?

The userid vmail needs to exist on both systems (NFSv4 and mail server)
and rpc.identd needs to be running on both sides with the same domain.
Then the user should not be displayed as nobody, if the files are owned
by vmail:vmail on the NFSv4 server.

Regards
Daniel
--