[Dovecot] post-login script and original remote ip in proxy mode

Ibrahim Harrani ibrahim.harrani at gmail.com
Mon May 27 23:40:24 EEST 2013

Hi,

I am running dovecot on 3 qmail-ldap server backend.
dovecot configured to use auth_pop3 wrapper for authentication.
Users logins to the  qmail-ldap pop3&imap pools randomly. If a user is
mailhost is not the connected server, dovecot proxies the connection to the
user mailhost. In this case, I can not get the original client IP address
via post-logins script on user host. I see only the first connected server
IP as $IP environment.

Any idea to get original client IP in this setup with postlogin scripts?

Thanks