[Dovecot] imap/pop problem

MP Netsai mpn at icabs.co.zw
Tue May 28 20:20:37 EEST 2013

Dear All,

I hope you can help me on this trouble i am getting. I cant seem to get email even though i have given the correct directory for mail location. Here is my config:

=====
# 2.1.7: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# OS: Linux 3.2.0-4-amd64 x86_64 Debian 7.0 ext4
auth_mechanisms = plain login
disable_plaintext_auth = no
first_valid_uid = 1001
last_valid_uid = 1001
mail_debug = yes
mail_gid = exim
mail_location = maildir:/var/mail/virtual/%d/%n
mail_uid = exim
namespace inbox {
  inbox = yes
  location =
  mailbox Drafts {
    special_use = \Drafts
  }
  mailbox Junk {
    special_use = \Junk
  }
  mailbox Sent {
    special_use = \Sent
  }
  mailbox "Sent Messages" {
    special_use = \Sent
  }
  mailbox Trash {
    special_use = \Trash
  }
  prefix =
}
passdb {
  args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf.ext
  driver = sql
}
plugin {
  sieve = ~/.dovecot.sieve
  sieve_dir = ~/sieve
}
protocols = " imap pop3"
service auth {
  unix_listener auth-userdb {
    group = exim
    mode = 0600
    user = exim
  }
}
ssl_cert = </usr/local/etc/exim/exim.cert
ssl_key = </usr/local/etc/exim/exim.key
userdb {
  args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf.ext
  driver = sql
}
protocol pop3 {
  pop3_uidl_format = %08Xu%08Xv
}

=====

the virtual email directory is as follows:

=====
root at peyote:/var/mail/virtual# ls -l
drwx------ 9691 exim exim 266240 May 28 16:17 mydomain.co.zw
=====

Mail is moving ok, into the virtual directory. I just cant seem to pop them out of there. I hope someone can get to point me in the right direction.

Regards,