[Dovecot] Dovecot 2.1.7-7 only allow localhost access to IMAP and POP3

Torben Schou Jensen tsj at swampthing.dk
Wed May 29 13:41:01 EEST 2013

Recently I have upgraded my server to Debian 7.
Debian have now removed uw-imapd and suggest using dovecot instead.
Debian include dovecot version 2.1.7-7.

On
and
I can read how to setup older version of dovecot with SquirrelMail.

They recommend to use uncrypted IMAP when SquirrelMail is on same server.

What I would like to support is then imap, imaps, pop3 and pop3s.

imaps and pop3s for external users.

imap and pop3 only open for localhost, that is SquirrelMail on same machine.

With dovecot 1 you could restrict access using
"imap_listen = localhost"

How do I make the same restriction with localhost on dovecot 2 ???

Brgds
Torben