[Dovecot] Settings: Dovecot + NTLM + Single Sing On + Windows + Outlook or Thunderbird.

Maria Jose Yañez Dacosta mariajose1982 at gmail.com
Thu May 30 18:34:24 EEST 2013

I am following the steps listed in:
http://wiki.dovecot.org/HowTo/ActiveDirectoryNtlm

My goal is to have single sign-on for Microsoft Outlook applications.

I working and I have some doubts since I never set up an imap server, hope
I can help :).

The version that I have installed is devecot 2.0.9.

"dovecot -n" shows the following:

# 2.0.9: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# OS: Linux 2.6.32-71.el6.x86_64 x86_64 CentOS release 6.4 (Final)
auth_use_winbind = yes
mbox_write_locks = fcntl
passdb {
  driver = pam
}
protocols = imap pop3
ssl = no
userdb {
  args = uid=10000 gid=10000 home=/mail/%d/%n
  driver = static
}

I show what I have in /etc/samba/smb.conf

[global]
        workgroup = EJEMPLO
        realm = EJEMPLO.COM.UY
        server string = %h (Samba %v)
        security = ADS
        password server = ad.domain.dom
        username map = /etc/samba/mapeousuarios
        map untrusted to domain = Yes
        syslog = 0
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        max log size = 1000
        name resolve order = wins host bcast
        local master = No
        domain master = No
        dns proxy = No
        wins server = here active directory ip
        winbind separator = +
        winbind use default domain = Yes
        winbind rpc only = Yes
        idmap config * : range = 1200-3000
        idmap config * : backend = tdb

[usuarios3]
        path = /exports/archivos-usuarios
        read only = No
        map acl inherit = Yes
        store dos attributes = Yes

"wbinfo -g" and "wbinfo -u" work well.

kinit Administrator work well also.

Some steps of the configuration in dovecot.conf does not recognize:

       1) "protocols = imap imaps pop3 pop3s".

       2) "mechanisms = plain ntlm login".

       3) "allow_all_users=yes" y
"mail=maildir:/home/vmail/%d/%1Ln/%Ln:INBOX=/home/vmail/%d/%1Ln/%Ln".

I'm not sure I should put in place.

I also have some doubts:

          1) I have to create a keytab file containing the principal for
imap and pop?, as it would indicate Dovecot?.

          2) That should indicate values uid y el gid?

          3) I have to set something in pam?

if I make "telnet localhost imap" shows the following:

OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE IDLE
AUTH=PLAIN] Dovecot ready

NTLM not appears in the options.

I hope I can shed some light on the subject :) Thanks and greetings.

--
Maria José