[Dovecot] Pre imap-session scripting

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Nov 2 13:55:49 EET 2013

On 28.10.2013, at 14.24, azurIt <azurit at pobox.sk> wrote:

> is it possible to run a script right after the IMAP/POP3 session was started? I know about post-login scripting but this is probably not what i'm looking for. I need to run a script which will know PID of process running IMAP session (so it must be already started). Thank you.

The only way currently would be to create a new plugin that executes the script. But I added some new code that would make it possible with post-login scripts: http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.2/rev/9ef23179892a

With this you could configure your userdb for example:

userdb {
  ..
  default_fields = mail_pid=%{session_pid}
}

Now in your post-login script you’ll have MAIL_PID environment containing the PID.