[Dovecot] backup maildir mailbox bugs

Anand Kumria wildfire at progsoc.org
Sun Nov 3 13:27:45 EET 2013

Hi Timo,

I would but exactly how to run this script usefully escapes me.

Neither:

$ perl maildir-anonymize.pl .

$ perl maildir-anonymize.pl Maildir/

work.

And:

$ cd Maildir; perl maildir-anonymize.pl *

outputs lots of 'x', but that isn't useful. Since I assume you want the
original contents anonymized.

Also, the issue might be related to the folder structure, the original is
using Maildir within Maildir (what Dovecot 1.x creates actually).

So you might need the full structure?

Regards,
Anand