[Dovecot] v2.2.7 released

Gilles Chauvin gilles.chauvin at univ-rouen.fr
Mon Nov 4 13:03:04 EET 2013

On 03/11/2013 21:08, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> 	+ mdbox: Added "mdbox_deleted" storage, which can be used to access
> 	  messages with refcount=0. For example: doveadm import
> 	  mdbox_deleted:~/mdbox "" mailbox inbox subject oops

Hi Timo,

We're currently running Dovecot 2.1.16.

To ease the recovery process, in case of accidental mail deletion, we're
using the lazy_expunge plugin to keep deleted mail in a user hidden
namespace during a couple of days before they really get deleted.

Could this be replaced by this new feature? I guess the mdbox_deleted
storage get emptied after a purge (which is what we're doing every night)?

Regards,
Gilles.