[Dovecot] Best way from Mbox to Maildir using 2.17?

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Tue Nov 5 03:28:55 EET 2013

On 05/11/2013 01:16, Mark Moore wrote:

> The program has at least 2 bugs in it:
>
> . If the body has paragraph break (i.e., '\n') followed by the RFC822
>   keyword 'From', the original message will loose the last half of
>   the message and a phantom message will be created.
>
>   Change from my notes:
>
> #           if ( /^From /
> #     -to-
> #           if ( /^From .*? \d\d:\d\d:\d\d \d\d\d\d/
>
> . I never could figure out where the second bug was. This one created
>   some messages with blank subject lines.

Never noticed this, but, it was a very very long time ago I last used
it, and since most users over here have always been pop3, probably never
had many to convert in the first place when I did use it, so risk was so
low. I think it was around the time we merged, and had to combine
sendmail/dovecot and qmail/vpopmail/dovecot systems into just a
postfix/dovecot solution, either we fluked it, or any affecteds didnt
bother to report it.

> Another annoyance was prefixing the newly created mail folders with a
> '.'

As Charles has already mentioned, thats how Maildir works