[Dovecot] Config problem: want SSL + local roundcube

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Nov 5 18:45:55 EET 2013

Am 05.11.2013 17:35, schrieb Rich:
> On 05/11/13 15:56, Reindl Harald wrote:
>> does it hurt? no!
>
> My SSL certificate is of course invalid for 127.0.0.1

have you tried that it matters or do you only guess?

http://trac.roundcube.net/ticket/1485771

> and I could not get RC to connect on port 993 for some reason

http://trac.roundcube.net/wiki/Howto_Config

'default_host'

By default the login screen provides a text box where you need to enter the IMAP host which you want to connect to.
This box can be hidden by setting one fixed IMAP host address:

$rcmail_config['default_host'] = 'localhost';

To use SSL/TLS connection, enter the hostname with prefix "ssl://" or "tls://"

And if you want a drop-down list like it's explained in the comments you need something like this:

$rcmail_config['default_host'] = array('mail.example.com', 'webmail.example.com', 'ssl://mail.example.com:993');