[Dovecot] ssl-params regeneration with dovecot 2.2.7

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Wed Nov 6 12:40:29 EET 2013

Am 05.11.2013 20:01, schrieb Frank Elsner:
> after switching from version 2.2.6 to 2.2.7 I miss the loglines which say:
>
> ssl-params: Generating SSL parameters
> ssl-params: SSL parameters regeneration completed
>
> What's going on? No more logging or no regeneration?

it is intentional i guess

http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.2/rev/43ab5abeb8f0
ssl-params: Added ssl_dh_parameters_length & removed ssl_parameters_regenerate setting

ssl-params: Added ssl_dh_parameters_length & removed ssl_parameters_regenerate setting.
ssl_parameters_regenerate was based on some text from GNUTLS documentation a
long time ago, but there's really not much point in doing it.

Ideally we should also support "openssl dhparam" input files, but for now
there's the ssl_dh_parameters_length setting that can be used to specify the
wanted DH parameters length. If the current ssl-parameters.dat has a
different length, it's regenerated.

We should probably at some point support also built-in DH parameters which
are returned while the ssl-params runs.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------