[Dovecot] how to display dovecot.index.cache

Pascal Volk user+dovecot at localhost.localdomain.org
Wed Nov 6 21:16:17 EET 2013

On 11/06/2013 07:23 AM ldaamandy wrote:
> hello dovecot at dovecot.org:
>
>     I want to see the contents of dovecot.index.cache .  Is there any command can make it become visible character displayed ?

strings(1); for example:
	strings mdbox/mailboxes/INBOX/dbox-Mails/dovecot.index.cache

For details see: http://wiki2.dovecot.org/IndexFiles#Cache_file

>    the command idxview can displayed doveoct.index  and  logview can dispalyed dovecot.index.log   but  it seems no command to displays dovecot.index.cache  for us.

Using idxview and logview indicates the you are using Dovecot v1.x. You
should consider to update to a more recent AND better supported version.

Regards,
Pascal
The trapper recommends today: c01dcofe.1331020 at localdomain.org