[Dovecot] Question about folder sharing

Achim Gottinger achim at ag-web.biz
Fri Nov 8 02:25:03 EET 2013

Hi,

I run dovecot (2.1.7) on debian wheezy in conjuniction with postfix,
samba4 (as ldap backend) and sogo. I configured folder sharing but have
an few issues.
With my current config users can share the inbox and other folders. If
the acl allows creatings subfolders this does work for all folders
beside inbox.

What i want to archiev is the following:

If an user shares his inbox, others should be able to create subfolders
and those should inherit the inboxe's acl. All subfolders of inbox
should appear as folders at root level and not as subfolders of the inbox.

I thought this can be done by setting the prefix of namespace inbox to
INBOX/. I did this and changed the IMAP Server Folder setting in
thunderbird to INBOX (like it was earlier when i used courier). Now
subfolders created at rootlevel or as subfolders of the inbox appear on
rootlevel in thunderbird but they do not inherit the acl's from inbox.
Is there an way to achive this?

doveconf -n

# 2.1.7: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# OS: Linux 3.2.0-4-amd64 x86_64 Debian 7.2 ext4
auth_debug = yes
auth_gssapi_hostname = $ALL
auth_krb5_keytab = /etc/dovecot/dovecot.keytab
auth_master_user_separator = %
auth_mechanisms = plain login gssapi
auth_username_chars =
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ01234567890.-_@%
auth_username_format = %n
auth_verbose = yes
debug_log_path = syslog
disable_plaintext_auth = no
first_valid_gid = 998
first_valid_uid = 998
info_log_path = syslog
mail_debug = yes
mail_gid = 998
mail_home = /home/vmail/%u
mail_location = maildir:/home/vmail/%u/mail
mail_plugins = acl
mail_shared_explicit_inbox = no
mail_uid = 998
maildir_very_dirty_syncs = yes
managesieve_notify_capability = mailto
managesieve_sieve_capability = fileinto reject envelope
encoded-character vacation subaddress comparator-i;ascii-numeric
relational regex imap4flags copy include variables body enotify
environment mailbox date ihave
namespace {
   list = children
   location =
maildir:/home/vmail/%%u/mail:INDEX=/home/vmail/%u/mail/shared/%%u
   prefix = shared/%%u/
   separator = /
   subscriptions = no
   type = shared
}
namespace inbox {
   inbox = yes
   location = maildir:/home/vmail/%u/mail
   prefix =
   separator = /
   type = private
}
passdb {
   args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap-passdb.conf.ext
   driver = ldap
}
passdb {
   args = /etc/dovecot/passwd.masterusers
   driver = passwd-file
   master = yes
}
plugin {
   acl = vfile
   acl_anyone = allow
   acl_shared_dict = file:/home/vmail/.shared-mailboxes
   sieve = ~/.dovecot.sieve
   sieve_dir = ~/sieve
}
protocols = " imap lmtp sieve"
service auth-worker {
   user = $default_internal_user
}
service auth {
     group = postfix
     mode = 0666
     user = postfix
   }
   unix_listener auth-userdb {
     group = vmail
     mode = 0777
     user = vmail
   }
}
service imap-login {
   inet_listener imap {
     port = 143
   }
   inet_listener imaps {
     port = 993
     ssl = yes
   }
}
service imap-postlogin {
   executable = script-login /etc/dovecot/acl-groups.sh
   user = $default_internal_user
}
service imap {
   executable = imap imap-postlogin
}
service lmtp {
   unix_listener /var/spool/postfix/private/dovecot-lmtp {
     group = postfix
     mode = 0666
     user = postfix
   }
}
service managesieve-login {
   inet_listener sieve {
     port = 4190
   }
}
ssl_cert = </etc/easy-rsa/keys/dovecot.crt
ssl_key = </etc/easy-rsa/keys/dovecot.key
userdb {
   args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap-userdb.conf.ext
   driver = ldap
}
userdb {
   args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap-userdb-groups.conf.ext
   driver = ldap
}
protocol imap {
   imap_client_workarounds = delay-newmail