[Dovecot] Dovecot MTA

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Nov 9 00:25:50 EET 2013

On 8.11.2013, at 21.47, Michael Kliewe <mkliewe at gmx.de> wrote:

> I would also, like others, see you mainly working on Dovecot as an IMAP server. As far as I can see there are many things on the roadmap, and I hope many more will be added (for example a built-in health-checker for director backends).

Oh, and the built-in health checker for directors isn’t planned at all. There’s no need for it to be built-in, and it’s better to use a script that different installations can easily modify for their own purposes. A somewhat better health-checking script (that could differentiate between temporary and permanent failures) would be good though. And Dovecot roadmap is slowly shrinking .. there aren’t all that many big features left anymore. Soon it’s mainly going to be improvements to reliability and performance. So I need to find some new things to do in any case. :)