[Dovecot] Dovecot MTA

Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz arekm at maven.pl
Sat Nov 9 20:28:09 EET 2013

On Friday 08 of November 2013, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> My main design goals for the MTA are:
[...]
> * Configuration: It would take years to implement all of the settings that
> Postfix has, but I think it's not going to be necessary. In fact I think
> the number of new settings to dovecot.conf that Dovecot MTA requires would
> be very minimal. Instead nearly all of the configuration could be done
> using Sieve scripts. We'd need to implement some new MTA-specific Sieve
> extensions and a few core features/configurations/databases that the
> scripts can use, but after that there wouldn't be really any limits to
> what could be done with them.

What I would love is configuration flexibility, some simplified programming
language for configuration to allow doing magic things with this new mta and
not just be limited by fixed configuration boundaries.

exim allows much of such flexibility (including delivery dependant on moon
phase - can be easily implemented) but its configuration language is horrible.

(For simple mta lovers - http://opensmtpd.org/)

--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz, arekm / maven.pl