[Dovecot] Dovecot replication not redirecting if server is down

Patrick Westenberg pw at wk-serv.de
Sun Nov 10 11:57:12 EET 2013

Daniel Parthey schrieb:
> Hi Patrick
>
> the director does not check backends for availability. If one backend goes up or down, you need to instruct the director to add/remove this backend from its pool.

http://blog.dovecot.org/2012/02/dovecot-clustering-with-dsync-based.html
says:

One possibility is to use Dovecot proxies, which know which servers are
down. Instead of directing users to those servers, it would direct them
to replica servers.

I know that proxy and director are two different things but I don't know
how to configure my servers to get this redirection working.

Patrick