[Dovecot] Replication on v2.2.6 - I'm stuck (again)

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Nov 10 20:34:07 EET 2013

On 5.11.2013, at 11.01, IT geek 31 <itgeek31 at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the info.  I've upgraded to v2.2.7 and made the change.  Now I
> get:
>
> Nov  5 11:00:00 server1 dovecot: dsync-server(mark): Error: Couldn't lock
> /home/mark/.dovecot-sync.lock: Timed out after 30 seconds
> Nov  5 11:00:02 server1 dovecot: dsync-local(mark): Error: Couldn't lock
> /home/mark/.dovecot-sync.lock: Timed out after 30 seconds

Every time? I can see how it could happen for the initial dsync that takes a long time, but afterwards the syncs should be pretty fast.

> Also, I get a lot of errors about Dovecot trying to replicate mailboxes for
> (system) users that don't have them.  Is there any way to exclude users
> from replication?

Dovecot replicates those users that are returned by: doveadm user ‘*’

How that list is generated depends on the userdbs you have. With passwd it’s filtered only by first_valid_uid and last_valid_uid settings. Perhaps you can set those to the range of users you actually want replicated.