[Dovecot] Dovecot MTA

Benny Pedersen me at junc.eu
Sun Nov 10 23:39:27 EET 2013

Timo Sirainen skrev den 2013-11-10 21:38:
> On 10.11.2013, at 21.24, Benny Pedersen <me at junc.eu> wrote:
>
>> extend dovecot -n to output current config as xml ?
>>
>> maybe even configure it all via xml ?
>
> All the configuration goes through src/config/* code, which can be
> easily replaced with anything else. The original idea was to make it
> possible to store the configuration in different formats, like XML or
> SQL. Then again, the current config code is horrible and should be
> rewritten, especially to make it more modular and be able to use
> different formats without having to recreate the whole config code.
> And it’s currently spending way too much CPU, which might become a
> problem in some complex setups. So yeah, I think it would be nice, but
> I also think there are a lot of other much more important things that
> need to be done.

its also if xml its simple to make webconfigs from the xml file, but
nice that you see config as a problem that needs redisigning before
create another problem with subject, here i still using dovecot 1.2.17
in gentoo, i feal no need yet to discard that old software yet here,
asked gentoo devs to put it back to portage, but was denied for some
reason i just dont understand as you still have wiki for version 1 it
should imho be supported in os'es as well

for the dovecot submission server will that mean dovecot will now get
the imap folder for sending mails ?

thanks btw for brind mta up, i think dovecot/postfix is a well working
combo