[Dovecot] Dovecot MTA

Tom Hendrikx tom at whyscream.net
Mon Nov 11 15:17:41 EET 2013

On 11/11/2013 01:59 PM, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On 11.11.2013, at 13.29, Charles Marcus <CMarcus at Media-Brokers.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 2013-11-10 4:46 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net>
>> wrote:
>>> maybe the 1.0 wiki should be deleted if that helps even you to
>>> understand that 1.x is EOL long time ago? there where 2.0 and 2.1
>>> and so who do you think is wasting it's time supporting *four
>>> major releases*?
>>
>> Well, it would probably be a good thing to add a major, impossible
>> to miss disclaimer on all wiki1 pages that the 1.x series is no
>> longer supported...
>>
>> Wietse did the same thing for old/obsolete postfix pages way back
>> (I remember when it came up on the mail list) by adding a
>> watermark/background to all old/obsolete pages... here is an
>> example:
>>
>> http://www.postfix.org/spam.html
>
> That’s also been my plan, but for a long time I didn’t do it because
> Debian was still using Dovecot v1.x. But yeah, now’s a good time.
> Added.

In addition to this, it could be a nice idea to move all dovecot 1.x
content to the wiki1.dovecot.org subdomain. Searches for 'dovecot
<generic feature>' in google are persistently showing wiki.dovecot.org
as top hits, and the wiki2 contents with lower priority. That surely
doesn't help beginners...

For example: https://www.google.nl/search?q=dovecot+lda

Regards,
	Tom