[Dovecot] Dovecot MTA

Mon Nov 11 20:56:08 EET 2013

On 2013-11-11 1:28 PM, Benny Pedersen <me at junc.eu> wrote:
> Edwardo Garcia skrev den 2013-11-11 11:58:
>> But is dovecot job to authenticate,  mysql replicate fine, it is dovecot
>> that is not fine by  ignoring desire effect by only talk localhost
>> and not
>> any other unless locahost auth not respond.
>
> so move to postgresql/mysql backend and change from dovecot to dbmail ?
>
> why blame dovecot for using fs mail store ?
>
> is your problem unstable nfs ?
>
> give up and get google app mx :)

Benny, you really should just stop talking for the most part, most of
what you say is not just irrelevant or OT, it is plain ridiculous.

The comments discussing how dovecot handles non-responsive mysql hosts
have absolutely NOTHING to do with using NFS or SQL for mail storage.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say they do seem to have a valid point,
although I haven't looked closely at the details, because I don't need
to (have just a single mysql DB for user verifying/authenticating) - but
since the need is one more for larger or even commercial shops, then
they should be able to deal with the issues themselves - either via
scripts, as has been suggested by Timo, or simply by doing the heavy
lifting and writing the code (or paying Timo to write the code) to do
what they are whining that it doesn't do.

--

Best regards,

*/Charles/*