[Dovecot] Sieve script problem (don't know if is it possible to do this)

Yanko Hernández Álvarez yhdezalvarez at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 20:17:42 EET 2013

Hello:

I'm loosing my mind trying to classify my outgoing messages with
sieve-test (2.0.9, centos 6.4). It came to the point I think it's not
even possible with a sieve script.

I need to classify my outgoing messages in three folders:

1- To my department (@dept.example.com)
2- To my company (@example.com, @anyotherdept.example.com)
(anyotherdept.example.com as in a way to say "any other domain that
ends with 'example.com', but not 'dept.example.com'")
3- To the rest of the word (@any.other.domain)

The problematic requirement is I need to make a copy in EVERY IMAP
folder that applies. For instance: for an email such as
----
From: myuser at dept.example.com
To: user at dept.example.com, user at example.com, user at other.domain
----
I need to make a copy to all folders: Dept (because of
user at dept.example.com), Company (because of user at example.com) and Rest
(because of user at other.domain).

Rule for #1 is simple:
-----
if address :matches :domain "To" "dept.example.com" { fileinto: "Dept"; }
-----

Rule for #2, I don't know how to declare it: I don't know how to make
a rule that matches "example.com" (or anyotherdept.example.com) and
not "dept.example.com".

if allof(address :matches :domain "To" "example.com", not address
:matches :domain "To" "dept.example.com") { fileinto: "Company"; }
... doesn't work, because user at dept.example.com matches (address
:matches :domain "To" "example.com"), but it doesn't matches (not
address :matches :domain "To" "dept.example.com").

"user at example.com" matches both conditions, but sieve-test stops on
the first email address with a "not matches"

As for Rule #3: I don't know how to do it either, it should be the
same as Rule #2, (with different parameters of course).

A sieve script should be capable to do this, but it seems that I'm
loosing something. Does any one knows how to do this?

Kind regards
    Yanko

PS: English is not my native language. Please forgive me any
mistakes/misspellings/etc I made.