[Dovecot] status=undeliverable (lost connection with mail.larptreff.de[private/dovecot-lmtp] while sending MAIL FROM)

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Nov 15 01:35:07 EET 2013

On 15.11.2013, at 0.25, Michael Grimm <trashcan at odo.in-berlin.de> wrote:

> Michael Grimm <trashcan at odo.in-berlin.de> wrote:
>
>> I noticed as well, that some of my addresses lead to unusual rejections never anticipated before:
>
> That had been post 2.2.7 (775b1e025939):
>
>> postfix/lmtp[1234]: 3dFbVw2NVmz6SL: to=<example at example.com>, relay=mx1.example.com[private/dovecot-lmtp], delay=0.04, delays=0.03/0/0/0.01, dsn=4.4.2, status=undeliverable (lost connection with mx1.example.com[private/dovecot-lmtp] while sending MAIL FROM)
>
> IMHO, it had been introduced by revision 10c0aae82d0d.

Hmm. What if you get the latest version and just reverse this one change? I won’t see any obvious reason why it would change this, but I guess it could be possible in less obvious ways. Is this reproduceable, i.e. are all of these Postfix checks always failing or just rarely or most of the time or ..? And was this only with the Postfix user existence check or were LMTP deliveries in general failing?