[Dovecot] status=undeliverable (lost connection with mail.larptreff.de[private/dovecot-lmtp] while sending MAIL FROM)

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Nov 15 01:56:41 EET 2013

On 15.11.2013, at 0.52, Michael Grimm <trashcan at odo.in-berlin.de> wrote:

> On 15.11.2013, at 00:35, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
>> On 15.11.2013, at 0.25, Michael Grimm <trashcan at odo.in-berlin.de> wrote:
>
>>> IMHO, it had been introduced by revision 10c0aae82d0d.
>>
>> Hmm. What if you get the latest version and just reverse this one change?
>
> How can I achieve that with hg, sorry I am not that familiar with hg. First "hg pull -u" and then?

cd …/dovecot-2.2
hg export 10c0aae82d0d > diff
patch -p0 -R < diff

>> And was this only with the Postfix user existence check or were LMTP deliveries in general failing?
>
> It had been status=undeliverable, thus mails didn't become delivered in my case. Only after adding "warn_if_reject reject_unverified_recipient" in smtpd_recipient_restrictions they became delivered.

But I think there were two steps: 1) During SMTP RCPT TO, check is mail can be delivered via LMTP RCPT TO, 2) actually deliver mail via LMTP. Where 1) failed (except with warn_if_reject), but 2) succeeded? Where both were basically doing the same thing, except I suppose with some actual difference. Or were the mails really not delivered via LMTP but something else?