[Dovecot] Dovecot antispam unable to call dspam since dovecot upgrade to 2.X

Steffen Kaiser skdovecot at smail.inf.fh-brs.de
Fri Nov 15 09:23:14 EET 2013

On Thu, 14 Nov 2013, Benny Pedersen wrote:

> Guillaume Hilt skrev den 2013-11-14 12:12:
>
>> When i'm moving a mail to or from the Spam folder, Igot this error in my
>> logs :
>> Nov 14 10:33:25 srv1 dovecot: imap(ghilt at shadowprojects.org): Debug:
>> dspam error:7751 prefix=imap(ghilt at shadowprojects.org):
>
> googled "One More Thing" :)
>
> http://www.gentoo-wiki.info/HOWTO_Spam_Filtering_with_DSPAM_and_Postfix
>
> see the section i googled, its know problem not yet resolved :/

Is this problem the same then that one?
http://www.reddit.com/r/linuxadmin/comments/1ljdq2/dovecot_virtual_users_and_dspam/

- From the problem description:
" I traced problem to the fact that dovecot seems to run dspam with
uid/gid of virtual user. And dspam seem to be upset by it. "

So you need the make dspam run as vmail. Do you get the error if you
execute

sudo -u vmail /usr/bin/dspam ....

?

Then this advice from Benny's link might help:
"One More Thing

There are a few loose ends to tie up. Without all this it wouldn't need
masking after all.

mkdir /var/spool/dspam/log/
chown -R dspam:dspam /var/spool/dspam/
chmod 4511 /usr/bin/dspam

Note:- you will have to do this command again if you re-emarge or update
dspam"

- -or-

Maybe just the advice about trusting users from the reddit link:

"Did you add the user to the trust list?

Trust dovecot Trust vmail

etc, etc. "

- --
Steffen Kaiser